The first meeting of PREG-EQUAL project, financed within the Erasmus + program, was held in Salamanca on 12th and 13th November.
The project, with a duration of 2 years and titled “Pregnancy in Women with Disability: The right to information, knowledge and quality in prevention and accompaniment”, addresses the horizontal priority of social inclusion and has, as a general objective, the promotion of equality and combat of all types of discrimination based on disability and gender, and more concretely, in the area of reproduction, pregnancy and maternal health, taking into account that these issues are a priority for the WHO, UNICEF and the UN.
1. Centro de Direito Da Familia (Portugal) – Lead Partner
2. Associaçao de Cerebral Paralisia (Portugal)
3. Fundatia Estuar (Romania)
4. Association INFAD of Psychology (Spain)
5. Associazione C’ENTRO (Italy)
1. Promote knowledge and awareness to women with disabilities on issues like reproduction, voluntary interruption of pregnancy, sexual health, pregnancy, healthy behaviors in motherhood and emotional support.
2. Improve psychological, emotional support and information support for women with disabilities, through the empowerment of their families and partners.
3. Improve health, psychological and emotional care services for women with disabilities, by preparing professionals for effective communication, disseminating information and building trusting relationships.
4. Data collection in partner countries to assess the number of women with disabilities in prenatal and maternity care in the public health system and assess the quality of care.